Bridges & Crowns
At Wellington Dental in London, our family dentists offer dental crowns and dental bridges as options to help repair damaged teeth, and replace missing teeth.
What is a dental crown?
- A crown is a type of dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implant.
- A crown might be recommended if you're restoring a broken or damaged tooth.
- A crown may also be recommended when a tooth has had root canal therapy, when a tooth is misshapen, or if you need to protect your teeth from potential future damage.
What is a dental bridge?
- A bridge is a dental restoration that replaces missing teeth.
- It is made up of a false tooth fused between two crowns which enable the restoration to “bridge” the gap between the two teeth. The bridge is cemented on to the teeth and is not removable.